Electrical & Instrumentation
Our E&I Department Manager establishes, promotes and assures quality on all projects and work performed by department staff. Effectively manages the work flow of department, makes assignments for all employees of the department. Responsible for the engineering of the department including analysis of problems, development of solutions and their implementations as well as serve as the technical advisor and provide senior level input on projects when required. He organizes the projects, and initiates and implements the standards and guidelines needed to perform within the clients’ requirements. Responsible for adding new people to the department as work load demands require.
- Direct the daily activities of engineers and designers in planning, scheduling, design and execution of projects.
- Monitor and maintain department utilization and project budgets.
- Evaluate work performance of departmental personnel.
- Conduct department meetings on a regular basis to update employees on company safety, quality and client information.
- Train new employees to departmental procedures and processes and company policies and procedures as it applies to work process.
- Authorizes overtime, vacation and indirect activities of all employees within the department
- Ability to effectively delegate and follow up with team to ensure projects and/or project tasks are completed to client satisfaction on schedule and within approved budget.
- Comply and enforce all corporate policies and departmental procedures.
- Determine estimated hours for department on all proposal requests.
- Provide support to Business Development and Project Management, as needed.
- Bachelor of Science Degree Electrical Engineering
- Master of Science Degree Electrical Engineering an added plus
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in Electrical Engineering with preferably 5 years’ experience in management
- Holds and Indiana or Illinois PE License
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software, an software applications such as SKM or heat tracing
Knowledge in these areas needed:
- Low & Medium power distribution system design and layout
- Substation design
- Short circuit analysis
- Grounding and lightning protection
- Electrical heat trace design
- Wiring diagrams and schematics development
- Conduit, cable tray and underground duct bank design
- Instrument selection & specification
- Control valve and primary element sizing
- Instrument loop diagrams, location plans, and installation details
- Interconnection and wiring diagrams
Selected candidate will be responsible for the deliverable as required by the client per the scope, cost estimate and schedule. The PM will maintain weekly communication with the project team members, coordinate the work tasks required for the project by each discipline review and evaluate the project progress. The PM is primarily responsible for the performance of the project in relationship to staying within cost estimates and scheduled dates. BS degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Structural degree required. A project management certification an added plus. Minimum 10 years’ experience in the oil refinery, power plant and/or steel manufacturing industries required.
- Maintain alignment of project team work progress to scope
- Approve the execution plan detailing the tasks required for the scope of work provided setting the internal schedule.
- Ensure that all government regulations, company and client policies and standards are followed.
- Work to eliminate any schedule conflicts that may arise.
- Meet with the client on a regular basis to give status reports.
- Meet with the project team to receive status reports which would include cost percent complete relationship to budget, percent completion in relationship to schedule, evaluation of resources.
- Work with the client to discuss or highlight value add items that can be implemented during the course of the project to eliminate waste or initiate efficiency within their operation as seen by working with the assigned project.