Superior Engineering (S/E) recently joined Purdue University in celebrating the grand opening of their new Commercialization and Manufacturing Excellence Center. Located just a few blocks of Purdue’s Calumet Campus, the new center will serve local businesses and entrepreneurs as a facility to train employees and develop new business solutions.
S/E played a key role in the development of the new Commercialization and Manufacturing Excellence Center and provided the following services:
• Initial site assessment and cost analysis
• Preliminary designs and floorplans
• Phase 1 – Infrastructure Build-out (involved upgrading the power and new transformer, exterior repairs and remodeling, demolition, fire protection and utility tie-ins, and build-out of service area and restrooms [~ 3,000 sq-ft])
• Phase 2 – Interior Build-out (involved ~10,000 sq-ft of manufacturing labs, offices, conference rooms, and corridor)
• Phase 3 – Interior Build-out (involved ~5,000 sq-ft of commercialization and manufacturing labs, and WJOB radio station)
• In addition to the architecture and engineering services, S/E handled all state and payment inspection releases, construction cost estimates, construction documents, and construction bidding. Also included bid evaluations, construction contract administration, construction submittals, on-site construction inspections, and final punch-out list.
We are very proud of the new center at Purdue Calumet and anticipate the positive impact it will have on the economy of Northwest Indiana.