The primary function of the Safety/Facilities Manager is to develop implement and manage the Safety and Health Program, policies and procedures for S/TEC and its subsidiaries located in Northwest Indiana and the Chicago metropolitan area while maintaining the facilities.
The Safety Manager must work with the Clients to ensure all client specific Safety Procedures are documented and known to all employees. The Safety Manager will work with the Executive Management team to execute policy, work with the management team to implement policy and procedures and train the employees accordingly.
• Write and implement new initiatives for the Safety program as needed by regulatory guidelines or client related specifications.
• Monitor compliance with all applicable federal and state safety regulations and ensure necessary records are maintained and prepared according to established guidelines.
• Establish Safety training programs and conduct the training such as but not limited to:Onboarding as it relates to company safety initiatives
o Employee Refresher Training
o Site Specific Required Training
- Confined Space
- Harness/man lift training
- OSHA 10 Hour
o Monthly Safety Talk -topic is determined by Safety Manager
• Evaluate needed Safety Equipment and Personal Protective Equipment
• Maintain the FRC’s worn by employees, launder and replace tattered clothing.
• Maintain the Air Monitoring Systems and calibration compliance of all devices.
• Work with Northwest Indiana Round Table Association, North American Substance Abuse Program (NASAP) DISA, Three Rivers Manufacturing PICS and ISNetworld to maintain standards and complete regulatory testing per client specifications.
• Maintain MSHA ID and OSHA 300 Forms
Manage the facility - building maintenance.
• Schedule regular maintenance events – floor and window cleaning, painting touch ups etc.
• Schedule seasonal work – landscaping / snow removal- inclusive of shoveling or snow blowing sidewalks and sprinkler system.
• Oversee maintenance issues such as plumbing HVAC, security system, waste, disposal, and generator.
• Maintain Fire Alarm System – conduct annual testing.
• General building maintenance.
• Serve as Project Manager for any remodeling or upgrades performed in the building
• Maintain all Corporate lease vehicles, inclusive of scheduled oil changes.
• Order maintenance and non-administrative building supplies such as cleaning supplies, paper towel, toilet paper etc.
Skills required for this position:
• General knowledge of Industrial Safe Workplace Practices
• Work experience as a Safety Manager or Administrator
• Work experience in an industrial setting
• Working knowledge of -
o Confined Spaces
o Hazard Communication Program
o Harness Training
• OSHA 10 Hour Certification Required
• Able to administer first aid during a medical situation or injury.
• Ability to train employees and author training materials applicable to Company needs.
• Able to conduct an Accident investigation to determine root cause and implement corrective action.
• Working knowledge of HVAC systems, plumbing, and power supply systems.
• Ability to schedule and work with vendors such as custodial services, lawns services, snow removal, roof repair HVAC repair etc.
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft software packages
• Excellent organizational Skills