Current Job Openings
The primary function of the Safety/Facilities Manager is to develop implement and manage the Safety and Health Program, policies and procedures for S/TEC and its subsidiaries located in Northwest Indiana and the Chicago metropolitan area while maintaining the facilities.
The Safety Manager must work with the Clients to ensure all client specific Safety Procedures are documented and known to all employees. The Safety Manager will work with the Executive Management team to execute policy, work with the management team to implement policy and procedures and train the employees accordingly.
- Write and implement new initiatives for the Safety program as needed by regulatory guidelines or client related specifications.
- Monitor compliance with all applicable federal and state safety regulations and ensure necessary records are maintained and prepared according to established guidelines.
- Establish Safety training programs and conduct the training such as but not limited to:
- New Employee Training
- Employee Refresher Training
- Site Specific Required Training
- Confined Space
- Harness/man lift training
- OSHA 10 Hour
- Monthly Safety Talk -topic is determined by Safety Manager
- Evaluate needed Safety Equipment and Personal Protective Equipment
- Maintain the FRC’s worn by employees, launder and replace tattered clothing.
- Maintain the Air Monitoring Systems and calibration compliance of all devices.
- Work with Northwest Indiana Round Table Association, North American Substance Abuse Program (NASAP) DISA, Three Rivers Manufacturing PICS and ISNetworld to maintain standards and complete regulatory testing per client specifications.
- Maintain MSHA ID and OSHA 300 Forms
Responsible to manage several functions related to facility or building maintenance.
- Schedule Regular Maintenance Events – floor, window cleaning, painting touch ups etc.
- Schedule Seasonal work – landscaping / snow removal- inclusive of shoveling or snow blowing sidewalks and sprinkler system.
- Oversee maintenance issues such as plumbing HVAC, security system, waste, disposal and generator.
- Maintain Fire Alarm System – conduct annual testing.
- General building maintenance.
- Serve as Project Manager for any building remodeling or upgrades.
- Maintenance of all Corporate lease vehicles.
- Order building supplies as needed.
Skills required for this position
- General knowledge of Industrial Safe Work Place Practices
- Work experience as a Safety Representative
- Work experience in an industrial setting
- Working knowledge of;
- Confined Spaces,
- Hazard Communication Program
- Harness Training
- OSHA 10 Hour Certification Required
- Able to administer first aid during a medical situation or injury.
- Ability to train employees and author training materials applicable to Company needs.
- Accident investigation skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft software packages
- Excellent organizational Skills