Growth is a target for most organizations and Superior Engineering (S/E) takes pride in helping our clients achieve their goals. When a leading producer of plant-based specialty oils and fats needed to enhance a cooling tower system, our skillset and experience aligned perfectly.
The project scope focused on the replacement of an existing cooling tower to add greater capacity and efficiency to their manufacturing processes. This required a full engineering package, including project services and construction support. In addition, S/E supplied cost estimates, bid analyses and project cost controls during construction.
To execute this project, the following services were provided:
- 3D scans of the entire area to confirm equipment setting and to verify potential interference, avoiding costly construction delays.
- New cooling tower and additional system pumping capacity.
- Reconfigured piping and tower layout for additional versatility.
- Electrical engineering for required auxiliary devices and power feed.
- Update all affected P&ID’s.
- Complete set of engineering drawings including single lines, isometrics, structural steel & foundations, piping layout, cable, and conduit schedule along with instrumentation plans and associated I/O.
- Interconnection drawings for all devices.
- Separate electrical enclosure and MCC.
- Reviewed and approved all shop drawings.
- Construction support including all submitted RFI’s
S/E’s ability to clearly define the project scope and deliver proactive solutions proved valuable throughout the entire project. At the conclusion of this project, the client’s operations were optimized and measured to be above the expected efficiency gains before undertaking the project.