High-speed laser scanners can play an integral role when working with molten metal. They can be used in the determination of crucial data for safe and efficient operations. In a recent project for a global steel supplier, Superior Engineering (S/E) prepared an installation package for a new ladle laser system.
The complexity of this project went beyond just providing drawings and specifications. A significant amount of field data had to be collected to ensure the client could efficiently integrate the new equipment into their operations.
The final deliverables included:
- Installation drawing package including demolition and modifications of the existing enclosure and heat shield.
- Handrail design for protection of area.
- Mounting details for new laser system.
- Relocation of any electrical cabinets associated with new system.
- General arrangement drawings of the new system.
- Power and interconnect electrical drawings.
- Installation Bid Specification.
S/E’s technical expertise and experience ensured an accurate and detailed solution. In the end, the client received all the necessary components to efficiently upgrade their operations.